We are on the lookout for a qualified Accountant to handle prepare, compute, manage, research and analyze all accounting data. You will help to provide quantitative information on performance, financial position, solvency, liquidity and cash flows of our business.You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition. This way it can make the right decisions and accomplish long term success.
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Proven experience as a junior accountant
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. Quickbook)
- Qualifications (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is a plus but not required
- BSc/Ba in accounting, finance or relevant field
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of CRM software (eg. Salesforce) is a plus
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Enthusiastic and passionate